Sunday, August 12, 2012

Introducing Jacob and Life On Mars



Greetings Internet!


My Name is Jacob Harrison, I'm a student at Macquarie University studying a bachelor of arts media.

Arriving in Sydney in 2005 after completing TAFE courses in video production and media in Newcastle I made my first stab at a bachelor of media at Macquarie. I left in 2006 to get some 'real life experience'.

I tried my hand at a number of jobs, retail, telemarketing, and apprentice butcher to name a few, but I didn't really care for any of them too much.

in 2012 I returned to Macquarie to complete my degree and get a job somewhere in media, I enjoy video editing and writing but I'm still looking at a range of option under the vast umbrella of media production.

I love all kinds of film from art-haus wankery to pop culture garbage, at the moment I've been watching a lot of documentaries. Other interests include fishing, spearfishing, reading, live music and general merry-making.




Is There Life on Mars? 
The NASA mission to mars has had it's greatest success to date with the mars rover making a textbook landing on to the surface of the red planet.

The mission named 'Curiosity' mars will explore huge Gale crater search for life on mars.


NASA have said after years of planning and programming, the amount of control they have over the rover's decent at the crucial point of entry was about the same as those watching at home.


The Jubilant team at mission control were overjoyed at the success of the landing and were looking forward to future exploration over the next 4 years.


David Bowie was not available for comment at this stage regarding the question 'Is There Life on Mars', but is said to be in high spirits.


But from a nation still in economic turmoil there has been some criticism from opponents, believing the 2.5 billion US could have been spent more wisely addressing issues a little closer to home.


For all the breaking news on the Curiosity mission and more visit http://www.nasa.gov/

No comments: